For over 33+ years, Ace Tech Collision Center’s team of expert technicians have taken pride in providing stellar-quality, auto repair services to the greater Los Angeles community. We understand that your time is very valuable, and that having been involved in an accident may cause a plethora of stress and unexpected inconveniences. To save our customers from any additional hassle, we strive to provide the perfect auto-repair experience by ensuring quality, timing, and satisfaction for all repairs. Below is a breakdown of our repair process. If any additional questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us!
The Repair Timeline:
- Step 1: Estimate
- An Ace Tech Collision Center licensed appraiser begins by inspecting the damaged portion and writing a preliminary estimate. This process entails inspecting the vehicle for both visible and hidden damages that may be found during the Tear Down process. Upon our initial inspection, if your vehicle is safe to drive, we will schedule the repair based on a schedule that is most convenient for you (so that you can go about your day with your vehicle). If, on the other hand, your vehicle is unfit for driving, our team will arrange for a rental car or alternative form of transportation (e.g., Uber/Lyft) so that you spend the least amount of time possible at our shop!
- Step 2: Drop-Off
- The Drop-Off process will only take a few minutes of your time. After completing our repair authorization form, all you need to do is hand us your keys and be well on your way! In case you may immediately need a rental vehicle, Hertz rental car is located on-site so rest assured that you will be able to make your next meeting without the hassle of going to another location. To expedite the process of renting a vehicle, our team will pre-arrange your appointment.
- Step 3: Pre-Wash
- The purpose of the pre-wash phase is to ensure that our team of technicians have properly identified all damage(s) in connection with your repair order.
- Step 4: Tear-Down/Additional Estimate
- During the tear-down process, a dedicated technician and our Production Manager will work conjunctively to produce a complete and accurate estimate of your vehicle’s damages. As opposed to the initial inspection, this process entails disassembling the target/damaged area such that our team can check for any underlying damaged parts (i.e., hidden damages). If any additional damage is found, our Production Manager will contact both the customer and the customer’s insurance company to provide a full report of the planned repair. Only upon receiving verification from your insurance company (or by the customer in the case of out-of-pocket repair orders), shall the repair process proceed. After receiving the necessary approvals, our parts department will order all required parts.
- Step 5: The Repair
- Upon receiving the necessary parts to complete the repair, our team of technicians will begin the body work on the damaged portion of the vehicle. In case you were wondering, all of our technicians received and continue to receive extensive education on the latest manufacturer standards and maintain all necessary certifications to effectively conduct repairs.
- Step 6: Paint
- After completing the bodywork, your vehicle is prepped for our paint department. To ensure the perfect color match, our team of paint technicians uses only the original manufacturer’s paint lines and will meticulously blend any adjacent panels.
- Step 7: Re-Assembly
- At this point, we will reassemble your vehicle according to original-factory standards. Our Production Manager will also perform checks to ensure that there are no visible panel gaps.
- Step 8: Detail
- Once the repair process is completed, your vehicle is sent to our detailing department where it will receive the perfect ‘shower.’ Both the exterior and interior of your vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned and polished.
- The Final Step: Quality-Inspection
- Prior to delivering the vehicle, our Production Manager will conduct a final inspection to ensure that your vehicle looks exactly like it did prior to the accident. After our office staff receives confirmation that your vehicle is ready for delivery, we will notify you that the repair is complete!